Friday, October 24, 2014

How to Make a Friend

Maui, Hawaii

Anyone that is close to me knows I'm a big justice fighter. I don't like to see, hear or know of people being taken advantage of. I love to be friends with everyone even though I'm surprised to say it myself considering a couple of years ago I was that shy girl that wouldn't say a word to anyone. I think the insecurities that were nurtured in me by the not so positive environment I was a part of made me that way, but deep inside I wanted to be different. Since this project, I gave myself a chance to get to know people, live, share, explore and trust and that was the best decision of my life! I consider myself truly blessed because I have great people around me and thanks to what I do for a living I get to build those connections and relationships on a day to day basis, so my life is like a MOVIE! =D


New York, NY
Common Interests
We meet hundreds of people everyday. How do you know someone is going to be your friend? How do you know what they like, what the don't like? How do you know if you share the same interest/ ideas?
You don't, that's kind of like the whole point of life, you go through life without knowing who we're going to meet next or what the next experience is going to be and that's what makes everything so exciting! Common interests bring people together! It doesn't mean you have to have every single thing, idea, thought in common. But when you meet someone, compliment them on something you find interesting (oh my gosh, where did you get those jeans?); shoes, outfit, purse, phone, a song, even another friend! The most important tip in this step is being open about the things you like.






Engaging

Now that you have found common interests, talk to them, don't be shy. Find out a little bit about them. Make a plan to get to know them because here is where you will take your engagement to a true connection.








Connecting
Long Beach, California
This is how you'll know if someone really wants you in their life or vice versa. You can add them on Instagram or Facebook. Maybe you don't want to exchange numbers right away, that's okay. I find it polite to ask "hey is it cool if I follow you on Instagram or Facebook?"
And how you know this person is more than an 
acquaintance? When you are constantly talking to them, chatting, video chatting, sending them a text "hey what's up? What are your plans for tonight?". If it's someone I find have a lot of things in common with me I talk to them even more.

Exploring
Snorkeling in Open Water =0
Go out with them!  Explore and experience. I love to visit new restaurants or catch a good movie. I would say shoot some pool but... I don't like pool (LOL). One thing that I like to do with my friends is take walks through central park or go bike riding. I also like to travel to different parts of the world with my closest friends and through that we develop unforgettable memories. And that's what my book of life will be filled with, unforgettable memories with everyone I love and admire. And last but not least...



Sharing
Share secrets! My best friends know everything about me. When you share something intimate is when you can really stablish trust. And when you have reached that point of trust, without a doubt, it's the best feeling in the world!!
I hope these tips help you in your search of new buddies! Leave a comment below and let me know how it goes =D

Love,
    Deniz
Sunrise in Maui, Hawaii Trip

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! These are definitely some good tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! ! Its so sad how so many people thar days don't even how to interact with people, let alone make a friend. It's almost as if they are socially challenged. I'm glad the people at NuViza are so friendly and are seriously done of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very impressing!! People must know this. Therefore coming to nuviza will know what real family is. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete