Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Let's Meet!

Hi guys! I decided to take on this project because I love sharing and exchanging experiences and stories with people across the world. I would like to begin by introducing myself because I know we will become very good friends =). 

I'm Deniz Felix and this is my very first blog :). I was born and raised in Orange County, California. I grew up in a traditional family, my parents both came from Mexico and they worked really hard to make sure my sister and I had everything we needed and we did. Although in 2000 the USA went through economic crisis leaving my father and his business bankrupt and left us with no other plan but to move to NYC. Everyone told us opportunities were flowing in NY.
So my parents, my sister and I packed and we moved 3,000 miles away from my hometown to the other side of the continent in August of 2001, 
I arrived to Brooklyn, NY (Sunset Park). Definitely different from I expected it to be. The city was dirty, crowded and the people were not that friendly! Yikes!

I remember the feeling I had my first day of school in New York, it was definitely something new.
I started the 6th Grade in Pershing Intermediate School and I remember kids making fun of me because of my ethnicity and because I was quiet and shy, man kids can be cruel! I was extremely home sick and I made it my goal to one day go back to my hometown to my best friends.
Writing became my favorite thing to do, because it was an scape from my reality. I would write stories about how I wanted my life to be, sometimes I would even write about the difficulties I would go through and change my name so I can forget it was actually happening to me. But I would rather skip this part for now . I was definitely not happy with the disconnection in my family.

So I moved on, to find my motive in life. What would make my heart sing. And for many years I could not decide what I wanted to do for my future. My home had turned into a mad house that I didn't know how to get out of. Finally, when I decided enough was enough, I packed my bags and left my parents' house, 3 months after my 15th Birthday. I was ready to go explore the world on my own and experience the beauty of life and see what people had to offer. Although I lacked trust in people I thought to myself I would find some people that really cared for me. Oh man, I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. I had no idea how difficult it was to figure things out on my own. But they say "where there is a will, there is way". Boy it took me a while to find THE WAY!

But here we are, 8 years later. I can definitely tell you, my life is amazing, along the way I came across people who were not good people at heart and also some wonderful people that changed my life forever, you'll get to meet some of them on this blog. I learned so much from them, we have gone through many experiences together! I've learned the value of friendship, love, life and why it's important to appreciate all of these things.
In this blog I will share my ideas, experiences, perspective and you are welcome to share your experiences, ideas, projects and feel free to comment and ask questions =). Let me know if there is anything specific that you would like for me to cover. See you next time! Chao!

Love,
Deniz





#lovelife 

5 comments:

  1. NuViza knows no limits! Very cool, keep it going Deniz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No limits when you around your self with The right people

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a story! Can't wait to hear more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Anticipating your next blog entry :)

    ReplyDelete